This year emotional health has been a primary focus for us at Hardcore. Whether it’s your daily work grind, errands, childcare or even just being stuck in traffic day after day, it’s hard to prioritize ourselves and even think of the state of our mentalities. I often find myself focusing on the stressors of each day and that tends to have a rolling effect throughout the day. These simple activities can be quick ways to boost your mood during a busy day.
From taking a quick power nap to grabbing an extra coffee there are always ways to incorporate self-care activities into your day. Here are 5 ideas to help boost your mood:
- Meditate– Seriously, meditating has been a big game changer for me. There are a bunch of apps that have free mediations or you can just go to YouTube and find a free one there. Taking 5 minutes to let go and escape your hectic schedule can make a world of a difference. Try it!
- Workout– Well you knew I had to include this tip! It’s a personal favorite. You can disconnect from your phone and take a break for your well-being. Plus it gets your endorphins pumping!
- Go for a walk – get up- I like to mention this one because often times we are rushing to fit everything we can into each day but taking a 10 minute walk can help slow your mind and give you some much needed ‘me’ time. Whether you do it when you wake up in the morning or step away from your desk, disconnecting from the task at hand to take a break can really help improve your overall mood.
- De-clutter your house– Now this one is pretty tricky, at least for me. I often let things pile up and then cleaning just becomes another item on my to-do list. This tip works in two ways for me, 1. It helps me feel accomplished after completing a task and 2. Once it is clean I feel like I have less to do therefore making me feel more carefree.
- Fake it til you make it– if all else fails pretend to be in a good mood. Put a smile on your face. Often times your perception becomes your reality. Try starting your day saying that it’s going to be a good one and see if you can change your own mind.